- 1 Australia: National Information
- 2 Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
- 3 Cemeteries
- 4 Emigration, Immigration, Shipping and Passenger Lists
- 5 Military History
- 6 Newspapers
- 7 Australian Capital Territory
- 8 New South Wales
- 9 Northern Territory
- 10 Queensland
- 11 South Australia
- 12 Tasmania
- 13 Victoria
- 14 Western Australia
- 15 External
- 16 Requests for Research and Photographs
Currency Australian dollar
Australia comprises six states, two mainland territories and a few island territories. Six colonies were created in the late 18th and 19th centuries and became the Commonwealth of Australia in 1901. Australia’s main industries were the mining of coal, iron ore, copper, tin, gold and silver, along with farming.
Australia: National Information
Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
Emigration, Immigration, Shipping and Passenger Lists
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- City of Sydney Assessment Books 1845-1948. Large PDF files to download, searchable for names. Includes ward maps.
From 1926 to 1931, Central Australia existed as a separate territory, before being reincorporated into the Northern Territory.
Ashmore and Cartier Islands
Australian Antarctic Territory
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Coral Sea Islands Territory
Heard and McDonald Islands
Requests for Research and Photographs
Please read the Terms and Conditions before requesting a lookup.
A list of members who have volunteered to do Research lookups or take photographs can be found in the Research Offers forum or on the following pages in the Wiki:
- Research Offers: Cemetery
- Research Offers: Photograph
- Research Offers: Probate
- Research Offers: Record Office/Archive
If any member wishes to offer to do lookups or take photographs in a particular location, please leave a message on our Volunteers Needed thread.
Back to World Index Page