Talk:Devon Towns and Villages R
The old parish church of St. Peter the Poor Fisherman, Revelstoke, dates from the 14th Century. It is situated on the cliff edge overlooking Stoke Bay. Although it was badly damaged in a storm in 1840, occasional services continued to be held there until 1869 when the building was declared unsafe for use.
A new church, also called St. Peter's, was built by Edward Charles Baring, Lord Revelstoke, being completed in 1882.
In the late 1960´s an appeal was launched to save the ruins of the original church and with the backing of the Churches Conservation Trust repairs were carried out. Open air services are held twice yearly during summer months.